Rod introduced me to Crossfire. I had heard about this a lot, but never actually played it. And it was fun! You really can feel the sweat dripping down your neck! Do I order my troops across the road? What if there is a MG in the building at the end of the lane? Do I send one man across at a time -- or the whole platoon?
I had a platoon of US infantry attacking some hardened Germans somewhere in Tunisia.
I advanced up the right.
Hang on -- there are Germans in that wood!
And they have a panzerfaust!!!!
I advanced on the left, but was pinned down there as well. My second sherman was destroyed on the left by another team with a panzerfaust. Then I moved the heavy weapons up in the center. They were pinned down, but there was some serious firepower from them.
The problem was the Germans in the white house on the lower right. They had a fire lane covering the village. With my second sherman destroyed, I couldnt take them out. Especially as Rod was cunning and dropped smoke, and then ran his command team up to support them. I tried to suppress them with my heavy machine guns, but eventually they lost the firefight. At this point I conceded.
Overall, Crossfire is a winner. There are rumors of Crossfire Version 2 -- if /when that appears I will pick up a copy.
No comments:
Post a Comment