Friday, October 30, 2015

Last game with Matt (for a while)

Matt is heading back to Adelaide.  He has one more week at the Launceston club, but I will be in Sydney, so this was the last game I will get to play against Matt.  At least, not until we meet at Cancon some time :)

It was Flames of War, 1750 points of early war.  1750 points is a lot in early war.  Matt had SS infantry with armoured cars and AT guns.  I had French armour.  A ton of French armour.  The mission was fighting withdrawal.



The horde of French armour attacked down one flank, well away from the AT guns.  The game started badly for Matt when his motorcycle mounted SS troops tried to dismount and move into a village, but failed their roll to enter the village and stayed in the open, under MG fire.  Matt dropped his armoured cars out of ambush, and they shot up the French armoured cars.  But they couldn't withstand the French tanks.  I assaulted an infantry platoon in woods near the objective, losing one platoon of tanks as they bogged.  But the second platoon of tanks cleared the woods.  Matt then had to move his armoured cars over to contest the objective, and both bogged in woods.  So a very lucky win to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment